Being a developing high growth country, Bangladesh economy is broad based in terms of variety of economic activities and sectors. There are hundreds of projects which are undertaken every day in Bangladesh from small to large and from simple to most complex.
However, it is seen that high quality, reliable and effective research, training and education is generally unavailable in Bangladesh in the area of Project Management leveraging Information & Communication Technology (ICT). Similarly, in spite of an active educational and research milieu generally thriving in the country, research and education in the area of IT application in Project Management is weak. For this reason, Centre for Project Management and Information Systems (PMIS) can play vital role here.
Objective of the Centre:
The main objective of the centre is developing, promotion and appreciation of Information Systems (IS) based Project Management research, training, and consulting in Bangladesh.
The following objectives also behind establishing the centre are:
- To develop IS based project management knowledge sharing environment and application of best practices and standards for increasing the success rate of their projects.
- To develop a resource pool of skilled project managers to meet the community / industries’ needs.
- To create a networking platform for project management community and to encourage IS based project management in the country
Core Activities of the Centre:
- Research and Publication in the area of Project Management and Information Systems
- Training, workshops and corporate executive development programs for professionals in the area of Project Management Leveraging ICT
- Consultancy in the area of Project Management for private and public sector organisations
- Monitoring and evaluating the IT & IT enable services of various training & development projects.